This area includes the waters below the mean high tide line within Upper Newport Bay northeastward of Pacific Coast Highway approximated by a line between the following two points:
33° 37.02′ N. lat. 117° 54.24′ W. long.;
33° 37.02′ N. lat. 117° 54.32′ W. long.;
and southwestward of Jamboree Road approximated by a line between the following two points:
33° 39.07′ N. lat. 117° 52.02′ W. long.; and
33° 39.03′ N. lat. 117° 52.01′ W. long.
- Recreational Fishing:
- Allowed Species: Finfish by hook-and-line from shore only.
- Prohibited Species: All other living marine resources EXCEPT those listed above.
- Commercial Fishing:
- Allowed Species: None
- Prohibited Species: All
- Other Regulations:
- In waters below the mean high tide line inside the Upper Newport Bay Ecological Reserve, northeastward of a line connecting Shellmaker Island (33° 37.20′ N. lat. 117° 53.51′ W. long.) and North Star Beach (33° 37.38′ N. lat. 117° 53.60′ W. long.) the following restrictions apply:
- Swimming is allowed only in the area between North Star Beach and mid-channel
- All Boats are limited to speeds less than five miles per hour.
- Shoreline access is limited to established trails, paths, or other designated areas.
Effective as of: January 1, 2012